2007 Burb gets a face lift...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This actually occurred a couple months back prior to me joining this forum but thought I'd put this write up in here with the hopes that others might find it useful if doing something similar to their NNBS Burb or Hoe....

Most people on this board won't care about this or find it useful most likely but that's alright. Hopefully you find some enjoyment in it and I think it turned out great!! :waytogo: I'm definitely excited about it so here goes.

Here are the parts fresh out of the box. You're looking at the billet grills to go on the top and the bottom part of the grill housing plus a billet bowtie to replace the gold one on the grill

GrillParts.jpg

Before I touched anything. Here is the stock front end (sorry about the dark pic)...
FrontBefore.jpg

First off, you're going to need the right tools to get to the backside of the grill. On the 07-11 Burbs the bumper cover and grill are all one piece but there are six bolts across the top that you need to take out and you'll need a ratchet wrench and a 10mm socket.
10mmSocket.jpg
GrillBolts.jpg

After that you can get your hand to the back side of the grill. The first thing I did was take out the original gold bowtie emblem. You will use the same 10mm socket and wrench to take off the retaining nuts on the backside of the grill. There are two threaded studs that just screw into the rear of the billet emblem and then the nuts just screw onto the back of the grill just like the original retaining nuts did. The threaded studs and nuts are supplied with the emblem.

Just the new emblem installed and pic of the old and new bowtie side by side...
BowtieOrigNew.jpg
BowtieInstalled.jpg

I then moved on to the billet grill inserts. These are pretty easy and I just went with the grill overlays. I didn't feel like cutting my grill up for the other type of billet grill and IMO these look just as good. There is some minor hardware needed. All you need is a screwdriver for this one...
GrillInstallHdw.jpg

There are holes that the screws go into and on the back of the grill you place the black "plates" and the nut with lock washer to fasten them down. This keeps the grill in place really well. (in some of the pics you'll see some white "stuff" along the edges of the Burb. That's frozen soap because I'd just taken it through the car wash after the install:))
FrontAfterOut.gif
DriverCorner.gif

A few weeks ago I also put a billet emblem on the back gate along with removing all the "Suburban" and "LT" emblems (which are on the side of the vehicle). When it gets warmer I plan on taking off the "Suburban" off the doors as well.
Rear-1.jpg

Relatively immediate future mods with it include (in no particular order):
1. Lower the rear 2" to level it out
2. 20" rims and tires (haven't picked them out yet")
3. Either LED tails or Yukon style tails.

I'm liking the results :rocking:

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good.

Where did you get the front emblem and how much was it ? Thanks.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good.

Where did you get the front emblem and how much was it ? Thanks.
You can get the emblem a few different places but I got mine from LMC cuz they are local to me and I can get a discount there.

Here's a link (http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/ce/full.aspx?page=92). I got the chrome variation so that it matched my billet which is part # 37-7745 and runs about $60. LMC is also where I got my billet inserts and the billet bowtie for the back gate.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks man! :High 5: IMO maroon always looks good with chrome :D

Jmat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome post Jacob. I've been wanting to paint my front bowtie to match the body color of my truck. Your post answered a lot of questions. Cheers!

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome post Jacob. I've been wanting to paint my front bowtie to match the body color of my truck. Your post answered a lot of questions. Cheers!

:Handshake: I'm glad it helped somebody! :) The process is really pretty easy especially once you've been shown how it's done. Feel free to post up or PM me any questions you might have, man :High 5:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2