2007-2014 Project Headlights with Plasma Tube / Optic DRL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rltice

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay.... The retrofit is complete for the most part. There is a night and day difference in the output, from the bulbs supplied and the h7 LED kit with Spyder projectors compared to the D2S mini 4.0's. These things are intense. The picture of the cutoff is as I was adjusting them and weren't completely flat, but since have got that worked out. I have them adjusted at the stock height and have an insane amount of light output with low beams only and have yet to be flashed. The high beams are extremely bright, and the cubes supplement the HID's quite nicely.

I say complete for the most part because I will probably take them back apart and modify or rebuild my shrouds that I built to go around the projectors due to the fact that they contact the inside of the existing project hole and limit the adjustability of the projector. Not much but just enough to where I cant get the cutoff perfect. I will also be adding switchback DRL in place of the optic tube. The current DRL that comes installed is really not that bright and almost not even noticeable during the day as others have stated. I would highly recommend anyone doing a retrofit modify this if you are looking to run the optic tube as a DRL.

Other than that I am extremely satisfied with the way they turned out and have got nothing but complements on the upgraded look of the lights and the projectors. The projectors have a color flicker to them that is like nothing I have seen before and sharper cutoff than my 3.0s installed in my other vehicle.

I will try to take some pictures of the output at night and post some pictures this is all I currently have on my phone.

upload_2017-1-13_8-20-23.pngupload_2017-1-13_8-20-55.pngupload_2017-1-13_8-21-30.png

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's badass that trs makes a kit for these headlights

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

63Blackseries

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya that is badass! TRS making kits for spyder headlights, but I would still go with the mini d2s 4.0 nice and sharp cutoff and insane light out put for distance

90PROFX

Reaction score
I like others like to "NEW" look as well, but still need someone to do a full review with lots of night pics showing light pattern/cut off for before with OEM Headlights and then after using the out of the box new headlights (not Mod'd). Allot of guy's can't perform these mod's or have budget limits for their rides. Thanks all.

nixxxster

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is the original projector square or round? If it square, will a Morimoto mini d2s 3.0 (square) work?

Rltice

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As promised. Pictures are from my phone and don't really do the lights justice. The signs lit up in the distance are about 400 yards away.

Low Beam
upload_2017-1-14_10-8-29.png
High Beam
upload_2017-1-14_10-9-25.png

Rltice

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is the original projector square or round? If it square, will a Morimoto mini d2s 3.0 (square) work?

I would imagine that the square 3.0's would be perfect in these housings. I have the 3.0's in another vehicle and they perform really well. I had to see what the hype was all about with the 4.0's for this set though.

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my 4.0's. The high beams are monstrous. I wish the lows were a tad bit wider.

20161128_151957.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep