2006 Z71 Tahoe heavy fuel smell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Texas!

For your reference, it’s often helpful to include much detail in any future posts. We’re a helpful bunch (as well as snarky and facetious..), and pictures. We always want pictures. If there is no picture included in a post, you’ll likely be accused of promoting falsehoods, or kindly asked to close the FRONT DOOR..

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum that was blessed with the strangest first post that I have ever seen. Moving forward, this ought to be interesting,

OP
OP
M

Mike T

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First of all thanks ,I appreciate your time..I just acquired this Tahoe about a month ago so I'm just getting familiar with it, had it outside since I bought it. Still has a full tank ,parked it in my garage to upgrade all the bulbs and noticed a strong fuel smell up front can't pin it out....

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I'd first check the fuel lines under the truck, and where they rise to meet the fuel rail in the engine bay.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be the fuel pump module Oring wasnt replaced during last fuel pump R&R or its just rotted out. Inspect for leaks in fuel system first then suspect the Oring or its metal retaining ring has rusted out. Both Oring and Retainer should be replaced when fuel pump is removed and replaced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons