2006 Yukon XL Denali front end issue? uneasy feeling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the pitman is on the driver side and the idler is on the passenger side. (IIRC)
Correct. They’re kind of the same thing but the idler arm attaches to the frame via the idler arm bracket while the pitman arm connects to the steering box. The idler just idles along with whatever the Pitman arm and center link tell it to do.

upload_2020-5-21_19-53-50.jpeg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I knew after I went to sleep that all this would get straightened out. I think that because the name of each has the letters "arm" at the end of their names, can be confusing to someone who maybe has not been around the mechanical side of things. Thankfully members here straightened it all out.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stupid question, but was it windy when you were driving it? Mid to strong winds will push it around some, especially at highway speeds. Over inflated tires will increase the problem. Tires in general play a big part on how it drives. Things to never go cheap on are tires, brakes, headlight bulbs and wiper blades. Hope you find a solution to your problem soon. If you’ve never had a vehicle of that size before, it may be something that you just have to adjust to.

OP
OP
S

Stimpy911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stupid question, but was it windy when you were driving it? Mid to strong winds will push it around some, especially at highway speeds. Over inflated tires will increase the problem. Tires in general play a big part on how it drives. Things to never go cheap on are tires, brakes, headlight bulbs and wiper blades. Hope you find a solution to your problem soon. If you’ve never had a vehicle of that size before, it may be something that you just have to adjust to.
I have a 2000 burb and a 2012 Tahoe. It was windy that day but the handling seemed extreme. Maybe I'm overreacting, IDK. Anyway, I'll check the tires as well.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew after I went to sleep that all this would get straightened out. I think that because the name of each has the letters "arm" at the end of their names, can be confusing to someone who maybe has not been around the mechanical side of things. Thankfully members here straightened it all out.
I have been around the mechanical side enough to work my way through most issues that present themselves. Im just not super knowledgeable on the front end steering and suspension components.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne