2006 yukon xl 1500, 4th cylinder misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlaskaEd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello folks, I have a 2006 5.3l Yukon CL 1500 with a 4th cylinder misfire. Changed the plugs, the coil to check if the misfire would follow (it didn’t), cleaned the MAF sensor, cleaned the throttle body, ran some seafoam through the gas tank, and am just about out of ideas. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
A

AlaskaEd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How old are the spark plug wires?
50,000 miles. This is the second engine on the vehicle. First engine failed at 110,000, with a 4th cylinder misfire. Engine was replaced. Still had the misfire, replaced the MAF sensor and the misfire went away. I replaced the MAF sensor on this vehicle when the code first threw, thinking it was the same thing.

OP
OP
A

AlaskaEd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not always, but sometimes... A camshaft position sensor can cause a misfire that stays with the same cylinder.
I can take a look into this, I haven’t checked on a camshaft position sensor before so that’s something I’ll have to look up and see if I can find a YouTube video or something. Thanks

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know the specific code or codes it is throwing? I was thinking it could also be water or oil intrusion, but I think you would have noticed oil intrusion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14