2006 Yukon Denali steering wheel and climate control button lights going out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello - new to the forum.

The lights on my steering wheel controls and climate controls are going out one by one it seems. Checked fuses, don't think it is a fuse.

Any suggestions??
The bulbs are probably burned out. LED replacements is the way to go. There are services on eBay offered where you can send your controls in and they swap the LEDs in for you. That’s what I had done. Or you can buy direct replacement LED lit control buttons. Also it’s way easier getting the switches in and out of the steering wheel if the steering wheel is off from the steering column. That’s how’s I did it. Taking off the steering wheel is a pretty simple process. I was replacing my steering wheel anyways and hen the switches wa shuts easier. But to just replace the switches it can be pulled pretty easily as well.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Sam Harris, what type of cluster did you install to have the trans temp gauge upgrade?

Also, was it plug and play? Or did you have to run any additional wires/sensors to get it working??
I bought a 2500 HD cluster, which has the trans temp, with blue LEDs. It was 100% plug n play. I think quite a few folks on the forum have used the seller: digital dash solutions. They rebuild the clusters, convert to LEDs and then sell them.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So would an 03 cluster plug and play into an 01?
Nope. Anything electrical from the 2003-2006 trucks will not be plug and play with a pre-2003 truck because the electrical system changed in 2003. It’s totally different than the pre-2003 suvs and trucks. For a 2001 SUV you need a cluster out of a 2000, 2001, or 2002 truck or SUV to work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elteclas

Latest posts