2006 Yukon Denali Awd Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

2006yukonDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I didn’t even realize people did this to SUVs until now. Are you going to bag the front to have a bit of play in the height or go static?

Here’s a good article of driveshaft angle and the such:

https://www.4wheelparts.com/a/buyers-guide-reviews-lift-kit-how-to-pinions-u-joints

I once lifted a Jeep and didn’t correct the driveshaft angle and wouldn’t you know...busted u-joint about a year later.

Shouldn’t hurt the diffs at all to squat it. Just pay attention to the angles or you’ll be stranded on the road with your driveshaft hanging down in the future.

Interesting tidbit: After some research I found that squatting trucks came from Baja racing where the trucks are squatted in order to land the high speed jumps without losing control.

Go for it man!
Note: Not my truck.
View attachment 262737

Update, I did something.
I went with the FTS 7-9 inch full lift. Kept the AWD, and I love it. It rides great and I haven't had any issues with shaking or anything

Snapchat-322645703.jpg

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks cool!
As long as you go with a lift kit you shouldn't have suspension issues. Leveling kits mess up axle angles....
I just don't care for the exposed torsion bar look.
Did you lower the back?....it looks lowered.
Did you do the muffler delete? or the super 10?
You need bigger wheels, like 26x14s

I've always wondered though about fluids not being level for prolonged periods...like oil, trans
Very cool though.
Landscape pictures are easier to see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy