2006 Tahoe-White smoke on start up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
Well. I looked inside the cylinder with a camera and found that oil is coming from the top of head somewhere. Hard to tell but top of cylinder head is wet and you can see oil at the head gasket area. I think if i redo my heads and the gasket that will solve my problem

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
Last Saturday I took off the intake manifold as it was full of oil. Washed it and re installed. Everything seemed fine Sunday, Monday, Tuesday didn't drive it much. Tuesday after work it smoked a tiny bit. This morning I took a borescope and looked in to cylinder 6 it was wet on top, the head itself. Started it and it smoked again. Looked through the throttle body and saw oil again. Installed oil catch cans on bouth sides. The driver side one cough quite a bit of oil after just driving for 32 miles. I get wuite a bit of vucum on oil fill cap. Will tty installing updated valve cover on driver side.

20191016_134516.jpg

20191016_134516.jpg

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last Saturday I took off the intake manifold as it was full of oil. Washed it and re installed. Everything seemed fine Sunday, Monday, Tuesday didn't drive it much. Tuesday after work it smoked a tiny bit. This morning I took a borescope and looked in to cylinder 6 it was wet on top, the head itself. Started it and it smoked again. Looked through the throttle body and saw oil again. Installed oil catch cans on bouth sides. The driver side one cough quite a bit of oil after just driving for 32 miles. I get wuite a bit of vucum on oil fill cap. Will tty installing updated valve cover on driver side.

View attachment 232653

View attachment 232650

I think if you get the oil in your intake manifold taken care of, I think you will see some of the other stuff clear up. The wet oil in top of your cylinder could simply be oil seeping down from the intake manifold and around your intake valve. If your catching that much oil, I’m sure your intake is coated. Between the catch cans and the updated valve cover, I think you will be in a much better situation.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The catch can on the passenger side would be more effective inline after the first catch can.

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
In think @iamdub is saying put both on the drivers side one after the other and nothing on the passenger side.

I will see what happens when i get the new vakve cover. I was thinking that even the un updated one would work. Because it did work when car was new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekahgentry

Latest posts