2006 Tahoe/AC charged but Compressor not turning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I was just dealing with a similar problem yesterday on my 08 Yukon.
If you jumper pin 87 to 30 this will put power to the compressor. You can do this key on Eng off and you will hear an audible click from the compressor, that tells you the power is making it to the clutch. If you do this eng running, the compressor will engage if it is working properly. The schematics attached are for the 08 so might not be same as yours but I’m betting, similar or same.

Attachments

• IMG_0623.png
    IMG_0623.png
    514.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0627.jpeg
    IMG_0627.jpeg
    221.7 KB · Views: 2

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Along the same lines of what @2008yukonxlslt said, just yesterday my neighbor was showing his 97 GMC K1500 to a prospective buyer and he asked me about no a/c. He said another tech, that had moved out of town, had just last year replaced condenser and accumulator and orifice and now was not working when the buyer was there. He was very surprised to say the least. I went to the low pressure switch at the accumulator and jumped the connector with still no a/c clutch engagement. I then popped off a schrader valve cap and tapped the valve and it had refrigerant in it. I then went to the under hood fuse/relay box and sure enough there was a relay labeled for a/c. The relay next to it was a match. I swapped them with no luck but did notice how sloppy the a/c relay was when I removed it. The male female connection was very loose. I jiggled the relay and nothing. I then twisted the relay and the a/c clutch engaged and in a few seconds you could feel cool air and after a bit it was cold in the truck cab. The truck owner, seller or buyer has not been determined yet, is going to pay me to fix the loose female connection in the fuse/relay box.

Reaction score
Awesome find!!! Luv it when it’s that easy. Our OP sounds like he is having a bigger issue but always start with the basics to see what you got.

Reaction score
That’s a good start but swapping the relay only proves it is prob not the relay, did you jumper the pins to put voltage to the clutch as I suggested?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe1844