2006 Tahoe 2WD MaxTrac Lowering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Karapetian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm new here and wanted to get some advice. I'm looking for a shop near me Im in los angeles area that does a good job of lowering my car. I bought the MaxTrac 3/4 Kit. I have a 2/3 lowering kit on the car now that came like that when I purchased the tahoe a couple of weeks back. Honestly the car to me doesn't look lowered at all and want to have it a lowered more not slammed with the 3/4 kit. Does anyone know if a good mechanic that can do this install. Im near Van Nuys, CA. Thank you in advance.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. I’m sure someone has a guy they like in your area. Any thought on doing it yourself? Lots of videos for that mod out there. Good luck.

OP
OP
Mike Karapetian

Mike Karapetian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. I’m sure someone has a guy they like in your area. Any thought on doing it yourself? Lots of videos for that mod out there. Good luck.

Thank you for the welcome. Mechanically im not at all good. If I work on the suspension the motor might blow lolll.

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I would suggest going to the local shops and asking around, find out who is recommended. Probably a tuning style shop.

Imlow78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome.

I bought the Maxtrac 3/4 kit for my z71 and the kit went on easy enough. But I needed more stuff then I was lead to believe.

I needed belltech’s camber alignment kit to get the Front end aligned. Also was told the kit would work with the factory 17’s and it did not without heavy grinding to the lower ball joint and castle nut.

The ride? Well let’s just say I’m going to be buying helper bags to get the rear less bouncy.

Hope this helps.

If I’d do it again I’d by belltech and be done with it.

Shannon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcoop

Latest posts