2006 Police Tahoe Door Lock Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe Link

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently purchased a nice 2006 Tahoe 4x4 from a police department and I need some info on the door locks. When I unlock the vehicle sometimes the rear doors and hatch unlock and I can open them from the outside, sometimes they don't. I can reach in and manually unlock the rear doors from the inside, after which it will open from the inside or outside. It doesn't seem to make a difference whether I'm using the key fob or the button on the door.

I've tried searching but I can't seem to find any info on this.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine i hit the unlock on the fob 2 times and all doors unlock. one time unlocks just the drivers door.

hitting the unlock button on the door makes all doors unlock at the same time.

if your truck had a cage the locks might be modded to keep you locked inside. or the child locks are active. locks the back windows and doors.

jcjc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It may have nothing to do with the prior police use - it may be the unlock relay is going bad. The relays are in fuse block at the left side of the dash against the door panel. The tipoff to this problem is that it's the rear doors and hatch affected at the same time. Try swapping the lock/unlock relays, and see if the opposite problem occurs (the rear doors and hatch only lock intermittently).

hectorotani

Reaction score
Probably not related but I had a crown vic and ure describing same issue I narrowed it down to faulty relays and cheap alarm

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu