2006 gmc yukon xl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got 2 rear seats out of a Yukon XL or could been a denali all leather with heated. Is there any way to wire in a factory heat ? Do I need switches from center console also ???

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
at worst you could wire in on/off switches to them. not sure if the wiring and such is there to make them work as stock would.

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
at worst you could wire in on/off switches to them. not sure if the wiring and such is there to make them work as stock would.
I'm going get the center console so I have the switches . There must just be heat only on lower seat and hi and low . Maybe just run hot accessory wire and ground to it . That sounds to simple ..lol

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping the wire harness from seats go to console .. might get more complicated..

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure, I didn't trace the wires on ours, and without looking don't recall if they are on off, but with the dealings I have had with some other gm vehicles on heated seats they probably run though the bcm. have to look at the wiring for the switches to see if they could be used as an off/on if wired direct or not worse case you would direct wire them and just use a generic switch to trigger a relay to turn them on/off with. (which if they are through the bcm would be the much easier way to do it and how I plan to do it with a caddy seat swap in my jeep)

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure, I didn't trace the wires on ours, and without looking don't recall if they are on off, but with the dealings I have had with some other gm vehicles on heated seats they probably run though the bcm. have to look at the wiring for the switches to see if they could be used as an off/on if wired direct or not worse case you would direct wire them and just use a generic switch to trigger a relay to turn them on/off with. (which if they are through the bcm would be the much easier way to do it and how I plan to do it with a caddy seat swap in my jeep)
There is alot more going on the wires from the seats go to outside post for second row seats. . [emoji849]

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My mid row seats have heat and they are upper and lower cushion heated. Not just the lower. Like in some other vehicles.

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My mid row seats have heat and they are upper and lower cushion heated. Not just the lower. Like in some other vehicles.
Did you install them your self ?

Wonder if a person better off just installing universal heaters and you can get the back and the bottom. Stock on 2005 denali was only seat lower with heat element.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu