2006 gmc yukon xl slt plus gauge cluster.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Odo-pro.com
I bought that denali cluster from the junk yard he sold as not test could not power up do to ignition switch. What ever that means .. it looks in perfect shape and it was repaired 2012 says tested on back . anyway my question is can I plug it in to my working 2006 yukon xl to see if it works ?? Could it screw up anything in my working Yukon XL if it was messed up ? It would just not work right as its just a display . Let me know so I can test it to know what's wrong before I ship it off for $99 rebuild ...what's your thoughts ?
Myself I just want gauges all to work first then I guess about mileage stuff . I want that tranny temp gauge for towing .

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I bought that denali cluster from the junk yard he sold as not test could not power up do to ignition switch. What ever that means .. it looks in perfect shape and it was repaired 2012 says tested on back . anyway my question is can I plug it in to my working 2006 yukon xl to see if it works ?? Could it screw up anything in my working Yukon XL if it was messed up ? It would just not work right as its just a display . Let me know so I can test it to know what's wrong before I ship it off for $99 rebuild ...what's your thoughts ?
Myself I just want gauges all to work first then I guess about mileage stuff . I want that tranny temp gauge for towing .

Shouldn't hurt anything if you plug it into your truck.

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't hurt anything if you plug it into your truck.
I tried it works great all gauges were right and 317,000 miles on it pretty shocking .. only issue someone put LEDs in but there pretty dim only the back round lights are the problem . Need changing back to stock lights to match everything else ..

Can the guy at odo add a tranny tempture gauge to my 2006 cluster that doesn't have it ?

And what's normal tranny temp run 150f got it up to 185f when had sit idle for a bit ..

Checking the tranny level is at 150 f right ???

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For my 2002 Yukon 4x4, 5.3 with a 4L60E, manual says to check transmission fluid level at normal operating temps between 180 to 200°. I would hook up a scanner to make sure the gauge reads the same.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I tried it works great all gauges were right and 317,000 miles on it pretty shocking .. only issue someone put LEDs in but there pretty dim only the back round lights are the problem . Need changing back to stock lights to match everything else ..

Can the guy at odo add a tranny tempture gauge to my 2006 cluster that doesn't have it ?

And what's normal tranny temp run 150f got it up to 185f when had sit idle for a bit ..

Checking the tranny level is at 150 f right ???

Pretty sure he can add the trans gauge. Hit up his site--odo-pro.com. He lists all his services there.

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For my 2002 Yukon 4x4, 5.3 with a 4L60E, manual says to check transmission fluid level at normal operating temps between 180 to 200°. I would hook up a scanner to make sure the gauge reads the same.
Yes last night I hooked scanner to it gauge was right mine runs at 152f all the time .. only way I could get warmer let it idle long enough . If take for a ride cools right back down to 152f it's pretty hard to get it to 180 f it idle for long time . I looked at manuel it did not say a tempture to check tranny at in 2006
So I'm confused. At 150 f the tranny levels perfect .. at 180f after idle it's over full . This is level the previous owner had it at . I just copied how he had it after changing tranny lines. ..

ca5fc0d32c57d94779aa1017fd9a5ff6.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC