2006 GMC Yukon XL headlight question .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the engine off .. Keey out of the ignition . Only a door open . If you pull back on turning signal lever the head lights come on . Is this normal ? I noticed it when I was wiping dust off column and bumped turning signal . Ooo the Mysteries .

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the engine off .. Keey out of the ignition . Only a door open . If you pull back on turning signal lever the head lights come on . Is this normal ? I noticed it when I was wiping dust off column and bumped turning signal . Ooo the Mysteries .

I’d say so. Those are the high beams.

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, it's the function for flash to pass, pretty sure it works anytime even if your just parked sitting
on mine it wouldn't do anything because I have converted to single beam HID.
It surprised me headlights came on I could hear a click under hood when they turn on . It's a kinda loud click . Thanks for confirming thats normal .
Remember I'm in Minnesota A.K.A artic .. I think Im transferring a garage Queen to a artic Queen it started to act up below 0f ... But I learned alot . [emoji106][emoji849]

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Completely normal, as mentioned above.

It surprised me headlights came on I could hear a click under hood when they turn on . It's a kinda loud click . Thanks for confirming thats normal .
Remember I'm in Minnesota A.K.A artic .. I think Im transferring a garage Queen to a artic Queen it started to act up below 0f ... But I learned alot . [emoji106][emoji849]

The click you're hearing is the headlight relay closing and opening as the headlights are turned on and off as you pull on the turn signal stalk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal