2006 GMC Yukon rear brake caliper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badjimmy

Reaction score
But then again that bracket to use the Corvette rear calipers wants to use 14-18 rear rotors which are 13.6” versus 13.0” for my 2004. Which means the 14” Baers aren’t really that much bigger than those. Now I have to do some figuring for cost differences.

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@skyhighsami

Are you referring to the Brembo caliper off of say a 2009 Cobalt SS?

If so then it’s a fixed caliper and a bracket could be made. The only problem I can see would be the backing plate will need to be clearanced. 1) for the caliper and 2) because if the caliper doesn’t magically bolt up to the axle like your factory 2 piston caliper your bracket will rotate the caliper to clear the bolts. If you look at most big brake kits they have a flat plate with 4 bolt holes.

I was thinking of using the 1st gen CTS-V front calipers on Baer’s 14” rear setup.
Could you clarify what is needed for the Gen 1 CTS-V front calipers to fit on the rear? Does it use the CTS-V rotors too?

1badjimmy

Reaction score
Could you clarify what is needed for the Gen 1 CTS-V front calipers to fit on the rear? Does it use the CTS-V rotors too?

To use those calipers you would need a bracket made up that adapts the caliper to the axle.

You couldn’t use the CTS-V front rotors as they have no means to retain the parking brakes.

My original idea was to use the CTS-V calipers because of price and then the BAER 14” rear rotors. But if you look at the link Sammy posted in post #9 it uses Corvette rear calipers and newer model truck rear rotors.

The initial buy in is about the same but replacement parts are cheaper using the Corvette caliper setup.

1badjimmy

Reaction score
Actually I just found this https://ctsvbrakeswap.com/collectio...ck-suv-4-piston-c7-rear-big-brake-bracket-kit so if they still make this then this is perfect. It uses the stock rear disc, a commonly available caliper, doesn't break the bank, and will look tons better than the stock 2 piston calipers. You could get this and PC your front calipers and throw on some Brembo stickers and be good.
Bringing back from the ded because I do that.

The bracket is still available although the company lacks in the communication department.

A couple pictures of the bracket.