2006 Esky - New to me!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Per the build sheet, it is Silver Birch Metallic.. ?
59UEXTERIOR COLOR,PRIMARY,FINE SILVER BIRCH MET
Interesting. I’ve never seen a fine silver birch metallic Escalade. The family that I used to live up above, had a 2005 Escalade ESV. She had the same paint code as mine but hers was defined as quicksilver metallic. And her paint was definitely different. Hers was a solid metallic solver while mine has just a little hint of gold flake in it that’s really present in bright sunshine.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man this is a super clean ride. Quit mind facking yourself and drive it! Happens all the time, we start wondering about other possibilities and don't appreciate what's parked out front.

OP
OP
TollKeeper

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL..

Its a bit more than that. I get what your saying thou. I just want something with a bit more... Ok.. A lot more, punch. Aint worried about fuel mileage, but I want something that when I put my foot on the pedal, I smile... And the Esky was never designed for that, although it has more power than my Envoy V8.

I test drove a XC90 V8 AWD.. Now that was a thrill!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL..

Its a bit more than that. I get what your saying thou. I just want something with a bit more... Ok.. A lot more, punch. Aint worried about fuel mileage, but I want something that when I put my foot on the pedal, I smile... And the Esky was never designed for that, although it has more power than my Envoy V8.

I test drove a XC90 V8 AWD.. Now that was a thrill!
That Esky is AWD with a 6.0 and if you put a tune in it that will definitely wake it up and might surprise you. Add some suspension components, maybe lower it a bit and add huge sway bars and the handling might surprise you. And if that's not enough you can add power fairly inexpensively or if you really want power add a supercharger. I have an 02 Denali with a blower, cam, Wilwood 16" brakes, lowered etc. and I can tell you it's fast and a blast to drive. I'm just saying it can be done.

OP
OP
TollKeeper

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That Esky is AWD with a 6.0 and if you put a tune in it that will definitely wake it up and might surprise you. Add some suspension components, maybe lower it a bit and add huge sway bars and the handling might surprise you. And if that's not enough you can add power fairly inexpensively or if you really want power add a supercharger. I have an 02 Denali with a blower, cam, Wilwood 16" brakes, lowered etc. and I can tell you it's fast and a blast to drive. I'm just saying it can be done.
No argument there.. And I was actually shopping a couple different blowers, and a turbo setup. I love boost! Owned a McLaren that was boosted.. Man its so addicting!

Although I have the mechanical skills to do it all.. I no longer have the back to do it.. And you know how mechanics are, I dont trust no one to do it right!

So the easier route is to see if I can buy something that gives me what I am looking for.. Thats if I even sell it. I am still on the fence really.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No argument there.. And I was actually shopping a couple different blowers, and a turbo setup. I love boost! Owned a McLaren that was boosted.. Man its so addicting!

Although I have the mechanical skills to do it all.. I no longer have the back to do it.. And you know how mechanics are, I dont trust no one to do it right!

So the easier route is to see if I can buy something that gives me what I am looking for.. Thats if I even sell it. I am still on the fence really.
I’m the same way, I trust no mechanic anymore. I’m turning 62 next month but luckily my back still lets me do everything myself. Don’t get me wrong- I’m not pain-free by any means. I can’t sit for long periods and I have to be careful lifting and my back hurts every day. It just hasn’t stopped me yet! I do all my work on both my trucks myself, and it’s been a lot, my build threads are hundreds of pages. There’s links in my signature at the bottom of my posts- if you’re on a phone you’ll have to turn it sideways.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I’m the same way, I trust no mechanic anymore. I’m turning 62 next month but luckily my back still lets me do everything myself. Don’t get me wrong- I’m not pain-free by any means. I can’t sit for long periods and I have to be careful lifting and my back hurts every day. It just hasn’t stopped me yet! I do all my work on both my trucks myself, and it’s been a lot, my build threads are hundreds of pages. There’s links in my signature at the bottom of my posts- if you’re on a phone you’ll have to turn it sideways.
Going on 62, and you still have motivation! Wish I was!