2006 denali AC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rigid1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tried to search but didn't find a match. I'm not sure I have only one problem .Hopefully I can provide enough information :

Ac does not blow as cold as it did 3 weeks ago. Gauges were showing H - 225 L 25-20 with ac clutch engaged . when it disengaged it dropped to H 150 then 125 and stayed at L 40 According to a chart I found those numbers were low . I put a can of 134 in .

After that I turned the engine of and restarted the car . Now we started at 40 low dropping to 35-30 and then 25 . High started at 225 and then 215 - 200 as it kept running . The ac clutch did not disengage at all.
The ambient temp was 94 and the temp coming from the vents was 85* . I also tried the blend door r-set as shown on Sparky's .

The supply line from the compressor is cool to the touch. Low pressure section of the line is also. Hp side of the line is hot . The Accumulator is also.

Yesterday we had slightly cooler air coming out of the vent , but at a stop sign it become warmer . No fan clutch. Two electric fans .

It has dual electronic temp control . all vent selection functions seem to work as the should . The catch is that the blower speed selections show on the readout as they should . The blower speed does not always . match the readout . It may be stuck on low . Drive a while turn engine off and the go again and it works as it should. As I have messed with it in the driveway it will sometimes correct itself if I mess with Auto select button.

Sorry to be so long but I wanted to give as much info as possible . I am stumped and wife is grouchy with no AC in 95* temps . I told her to toughen up ! Thank you for your help .

OP
OP
R

rigid1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
still at this ... it seems that the rear ac is working. When the front blower control speed is moved it does not change the blower speed. Right now it shows high , but blower motor is not running on high.

chevy529

Reaction score
From what you've written I'd think (I'm no expert) that the cabin temperature control module needs replacing. On my '04 everything worked except the temp. adjust. But first pull it from the dash and make sure the wiring harness from the back isn't routed over a metal brace and chafed. Good luck.

EDIT: I should add that my desired temp would go up and down on the readout.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rigid1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you. I have not pulled it yet . will this week end . At this point there seems to be now front blower at all now . When the speed adjustment portion moves there is no blower in any stage. dos't matter if it is hot or cold. I can feel the temp change with what very little comes out of the vent. Blower fuse was good prior.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec