2006 chevy cat eye 4x4 transplanted drivetrain from a 2000 Chevy - tranny & transfer case connection issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timmy092574

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 06 cat eye 4x4 bought a new motor and complete tranny and case 3verything matches up but everything on the transmission and transfer case all the plugs are different what's the fix or is there one without buying it all

OP
OP
T

Timmy092574

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the harness out of the 2000 do I just go cut the plugs off the 2000 harness and.wire them in any help 2ould be greatly appreciated

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The difference in harnesses is due to the fact that the 2000-2002 pickups and SUVs ran off of an analog electrical system. The 2003-2006 pickups and SUVs run on a digital electrical system. It’s totally different. That’s why switches and anything electrical from a pre 2003 rig won’t function in a post 2003 rig. Not sure what the fix is for you on the drivetrain component harnesses. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in.

OP
OP
T

Timmy092574

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and did you reach out before the swap about possibly any thing to know, like @adventurenali92 said. I am very unsure about these swaps and always ask. Did a friend or shop say, "no problem"?
Yes exactly I've got this new motor and transmission is rebuilt new transfer case and I'm installed and sitting was gonna start swapping plugs on the harness and I thought I might need to ask someone smarter than I

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
So, the answer is, you did not reach out before at all and are asking now? I get it but just want to be sure where we are starting from.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes exactly I've got this new motor and transmission is rebuilt new transfer case and I'm installed and sitting was gonna start swapping plugs on the harness and I thought I might need to ask someone smarter than I
You're going to need the pre-2003 electronics to control everything. I suggest looking at your transmission; is should be stamped with the year it was originally built. If it is newer than the the truck you are placing it in, it will likely still work, but you are going to have to modify it... That modification is outside my area of expertise, for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GPPV