2005 Yukon XL / stopping power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rock Auto sells the red powder coated calipers and brackets from Power Stop for the same price as most of the other reman calipers. You can get AC Delco reman calipers with pads though. I looked up an 09 Silverado by the way. I paid much more than that when I did my mom's truck but of course the 2009 I got the calipers from was basically a wrecked brand new truck at the time. I might have to get those red calipers for my wife's Yukon once this virus passes and I have some money again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe I made my choice.... I cosidered my thought about a stock GMT900 conversion... My buddy at the GMC dealership....... He saw better stopping performance from a GMT900 "Evolution" PowerStop kit.
NOT as much from a stock GMT900 ( yea, better but only a bit)

And it is a clean swap. ..bolts right up inside my 17" stock wheels...... and the cost is reasonable, based on the choices.

DansOtter

Reaction score
I'm on my 2nd set of the Power Stop rotor/pad kits on mine (drilled and slotted). They've worked great, but I'm starting to notice it doesn't feel like it has the same stopping power it used to. And my rear pads have worn out much faster than the front the last two pad changes. There's some gunk buildup from a leak on a hydraulic line coming from the master cylinder; I'm sure that's the one going to my front calipers. But it's not totally shot yet, so I'm gonna hold off on that for a bit longer.

Next brake job I do I'll go with the power stop kit that includes calipers... mines an '05 with 270k miles. Between that and the new hydraulic line, it should stop on a dime.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as odd as it sounds the back pads often wear out before the fronts. at least on all the 3500 work trucks at work i wrench one, and my two pick ups did and do.

yet to burn through a set of pads yet on the tahoe. but im expecting the same.

come to think of it, my 98 regal used to eat the backs before the fronts too, and that car had 02 camaro calipers and rotors. aka the f body upgrade as we called it in the 3800 world.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
as odd as it sounds the back pads often wear out before the fronts. at least on all the 3500 work trucks at work i wrench one, and my two pick ups did and do.

yet to burn through a set of pads yet on the tahoe. but im expecting the same.

come to think of it, my 98 regal used to eat the backs before the fronts too, and that car had 02 camaro calipers and rotors. aka the f body upgrade as we called it in the 3800 world.

Holds true here, as well.

Vette07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
LOL... Well hydraulic brakes are great most of the time. Kinda watch out when backing up though, up hill or a bump and the brakes will apply. When that happens the harder you back up the harder the brakes are applied. Newbies pulling equipment around the yard for the first time can get quite entertaining....especially when someone "helps" them. :) Your brakes? Bleed them out REALLY WELL, and go to DOT4. Unless you have a real problem with your brakes, you will be fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3