2005 Yukon XL SLT - XM antenna, "no signal" a lot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to own a 1993 Mercedes 500 SL with an aftermarket XM radio set-up, and it always had a signal except when I was under a bridge or large tree.

In my 2005 factory set up, it looses a signal a lot, even with a clear ceiling. FRUSTRATING....

Anyone have similar issues, and what was the fix, except for swearing at the XM customer service??

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm..... My XM cuts out when above me is clear blue sky..... Is it a crappy GM antenna or is it something else?

Hm...... No responses yet........ Maybe my signal is bad in here too ?? :party52:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm..... My XM cuts out when above me is clear blue sky..... Is it a crappy GM antenna or is it something else?

Hm...... No responses yet........ Maybe my signal is bad in here too ?? :party52:

You're antenna and or the coax cable cable going from that to the XM are going bad. If you can get a scan tool that reads body codes, I bet there's a code in there about it. Mine is going bad and lately my signal has been cutting out more and it's been throwing the code for two years. The antenna allows leaks if not sealed with RTV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy