2005 Yukon XL - Puddle Light lens part 2 ... CLEAR!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am curious how they'd be with the clear lenses... Hmmm...
Just ordered these. Got to try it out, and see what they look like. I’ll install them as-is first. Not sure if I’m going to polish the puddle lamp lenses yet. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sam... It's really easy to get them clear.... ...If you choose to do it.
Yep, should be cake. Just want to see how bright those suckers are before I go making them brighter. [emoji16][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using TapaBlah

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Just ordered these. Got to try it out, and see what they look like. I’ll install them as-is first. Not sure if I’m going to polish the puddle lamp lenses yet. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also put them in the middle and rear domes.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also put them in the middle and rear domes.
Nice. I haven’t changed any interior bulbs to LEDs yet. Not sure if I will. I like them really bright outside, but not glaring bright inside. May do a red theme eventually, as my paint is “Metallic Red Fire”.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Nice. I haven’t changed any interior bulbs to LEDs yet. Not sure if I will. I like them really bright outside, but not glaring bright inside. May do a red theme eventually, as my paint is “Metallic Red Fire”.

So mine has a glitch with the interior lights that I found ONE reference to by somebody, but never an answer/fix, and I actually kind of like it. When I unlock with the fob, they come ON! When I use the buttons for the map lights, they come on half bright. If I open my visor mirror, they go full. Two level lighting ftw. Lol

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forgot to follow up on this thread. I added the LEDs that @HighHoeSilver linked, and also polished the lenses. Didn’t go crazy with getting every little scratch out, but still a big difference. Very happy with the results. Not the best pics, but you can get the idea.. IMG_4253.jpgIMG_4258.jpgIMG_4268.jpgIMG_4006.jpgIMG_4276.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98