2005 Yukon XL Denali CD Changer - Convert Harness to USB?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GDStrokes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All. I am new to the group and have found this forum very exciting.

Who uses CD's anymore?!

I was hoping someone out there has some experience connecting a USB port into the Bose XM/CD/NAV system. My thought was there should be some way to use the factory hardness from the radio to the CD player and replace the CD player with a USB port. This way I can hook up an iPod and listen through the speakers. Not trying to get greedy with the controls, but charging/music playback is the goal for me.

I bought an iSimple which conflicted with the XM tuner, so I pulled it back out.

Anyone have any ideas on this topic? All the best!

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out my thread I created. I installed a aftermarket radio where the CD use to be

OP
OP
GDStrokes

GDStrokes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks but I am looking to keep my stock Bose radio/XM/Nav installed and use the CD wiring harness for USB(iPod) audio..... maybe charging.

OP
OP
GDStrokes

GDStrokes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cool - Would you mind sending a direct link or page reference?

I read through the 4 pages I could see in your link but nothing on the CD player. I hope I didn't overlook it. Thanks!

OP
OP
GDStrokes

GDStrokes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone else have any input? If even possible a diagram of the wiring harness from the Bose head unit to the multidisc CD player. Would love to use that to wire up a USB port for music input. Thanks all!

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
PM Me your address. I can send you the pinouts. I would think you could get audio in, possibly power. But as far as control thru the radio, I would have to doubt that. Could be wrong though.

Why not buy a lockpick?

OP
OP
GDStrokes

GDStrokes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by a lockpick.

I'm fine to lose the steering controls, music is the main driver; charging is a bonus.

don't think I have enough points to PM - yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne