2005 yukon start problem persists

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jskyking

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All electrical, battery, alternator, etc normal. Without warning, after vehicle has been turned off for various lengths of times, ( 3 min- several hours) vehicle won't start. We cycle door locks, turn on star on/off, wait approx 10 min the car will start. Any thoughts on permanently fixing this problem is appreciated .
Thx
Jt

SLCHOE

ASE Master Certified + (L1)
Reaction score
All electrical, battery, alternator, etc normal. Without warning, after vehicle has been turned off for various lengths of times, ( 3 min- several hours) vehicle won't start. We cycle door locks, turn on star on/off, wait approx 10 min the car will start. Any thoughts on permanently fixing this problem is appreciated .
Thx
Jt

So it cranks but wont start?

Sounds like the crank sensor.

OP
OP
J

Jskyking

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. I should have clarified. The vehicle won't begin the crank start cycle. The doors will lick/unlock, lights will come on. Just no start sequence.

Reaction score
do you by chance have an aftermarket alarm installed in it and or is your security light flashing the little lock icon on the IPC

OP
OP
J

Jskyking

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's not an aftermarket alarm system. Light status unknown. I haven't been in the vehicle when it started its malfunction. Are there two different symptoms for "light On" and " light off"?
Thx
Jt

SLCHOE

ASE Master Certified + (L1)
Reaction score
If you have a voltmeter or test light, go to the underhood fuse box and monitor the "crank" fuse while you turn the key to the start position. Do you have voltage?

If so, pull the starter relay and apply battery voltage to pin 87 of the starter relay (caution: this will cause the starter to crank so make sure you are clear before you do so).

Did it crank?

7sFI3S0.jpg

OP
OP
J

Jskyking

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Start peoblem

Thanks. Just to clarify, the vehicle goes dead electrically. It won't turn over or even begin the start cycle. You wait 10 min or so and it starts.
It seems something is going thru a reset process. Since the occurrence, we haven't used the FOB to lock and unlock the vehicle . So far, this sequence has worked.

OP
OP
J

Jskyking

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I may have isolated the fault to a bad ground somewhere on the chassis.
I can’t seem to find the physical location of all of the grounds.
Does anyone have a list of the grounds and locations that branch off from the battery ground cable? .
Thanks
Jt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins

Latest posts