2005 Yukon Denali starting issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dubyagee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im having an weird issue with my 2005 Yukon Denali. I went to start the truck and it turned slow but would not fire. Tested the battery. Was weak. Bought a new battery and installed. The parking lights would flash 8 times when the ignition was turned on, turned slow when cranking and would not start. Replaced the starter and tried to start it. The alarm went off and would not try to crank at all. I tested all fuses. All okay. Tried the alarm reset procedures I found online and nothing.

I had to have the truck for work so I removed the horn relay to shut it up then ran a jump wire from the high beam fuse to the starter relay and it cranks up and runs using the highbeam function to start it. No engine light or security light but the parking lights still flash. So I just turn on the headlights while driving.

Any idea what it could be?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

It seems to me that your issue is in the ignition switch itself, or the wiring from the ignition switch to the starter relay.

Other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me will chime in.

OP
OP
D

Dubyagee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was a long term member via tapatalk but it went away. Ill post pics asap

I was dubyagee01

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member