2005 Yukon cluster LED conversion question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know if these LEDs would cause hotspots? And how long they would last? Also are their high/low beam bulbs worth the money? I'm using cheap eBay ones currently and I'm on my second set in 3 months

From my experience and in my opinion. The only way you won't get hotspots with those leds is if you had some type of diffuser over them or if its even possible to sand the led which would act as a slight diffuser.

I would consider the led strips if I was you its way easier and more consistent lighting.

Mezzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LED swapping is easy just requires basic soldering skills,never tried LED strips,but dont cheap out on LED's and you will get hotspots otherwise ,Superbright is a great source for them and the shipping is relatively quick,also depending how close to the illumination lens the LED's are can affect the brightness,from my experience you want the LED's as close as possible with out touching the lens to help with an even brightness across the whole cluster

Karlus

Reaction score
From my experience and in my opinion. The only way you won't get hotspots with those leds is if you had some type of diffuser over them or if its even possible to sand the led which would act as a slight diffuser.

I would consider the led strips if I was you its way easier and more consistent lighting.

Which model LED strips did you use and do you have pics of how you installed them? Are they dimmable?

Last edited:

CMNTMXR57

Reaction score
If you get LED's with 360* coverage, you won't get hotspots.

I asked this question in the stickied thread, does the '03+ come from the factory as an LED? Seems as though that's the case based on responses in this thread. As such, no need to change them unless you want different colors.

I replaced the PC194's in my '99 with LED's, same warm white, just a crap ton brighter.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't. I never swapped LED's in my 03, just in the 01

I took @Rocket Man advice and just installed these LED's in my Silverado. Obviously haven't driven at night yet, but maybe he has and can give feedback.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NPMV1H5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The Fahrens I bought on Amazon for my high beams work great. Great output and nice pure white. Also you can rotate them and set the vertical angle and hold them with an Allen screw so they’re aligned straight up and down where they’re designed to work properly.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which model LED strips did you use and do you have pics of how you installed them? Are they dimmable?

I dont remember which strips I got. I think i got a roll off of either Amazon or eBay. And yes they are dimmable

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17