2005 Tahoe rear air only blowing at 2nd speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as far as I know they all have one, let's see some photo's and how long has the problem existed? has it been like that since you owned it?

OP
OP
setconstr

setconstr

Reaction score
Its all back together now but here is a schematic of the way mine is. I believe that it's my blower motor so I can replace that or take to the dealership and let them figure it out .....I tried

2010-09-03_005054_pic.gif

OP
OP
setconstr

setconstr

Reaction score
So I replaced the actuator, the resistor, the blower motor, the overhead control, all the fuses are good but it only runs on number 2 . I have the HVAC control module but mine is a bit different then most I see it's not mounted on the outside of the blower unit, mine looks exactly like the schematic I show in my last post.........Guess it's going to the chevy dealership . I'm sure it will be something simple throwing parts at something is not the way I usually roll but got a little sucked into this one ...

OP
OP
setconstr

setconstr

Reaction score
So I think I found the problem there is an aftermarket DVD player in place of the original overhead unit whoever did it was complete hack ! I pulled it down and there is a wiring mess with a manual HVAC switch all taped up and I have no idea what to do with it I don't think there was an oem overhead control for HVAC there was probably an original DVD player up there because the controls are in the rear of the center consul . I really don't know what to do with it ai just want to get rid of all the crap and have a running rear heater and air con I think this mess could cost $ to clean up I don't know how to deal with it really

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I think I found the problem there is an aftermarket DVD player in place of the original overhead unit whoever did it was complete hack ! I pulled it down and there is a wiring mess with a manual HVAC switch all taped up and I have no idea what to do with it I don't think there was an oem overhead control for HVAC there was probably an original DVD player up there because the controls are in the rear of the center consul . I really don't know what to do with it ai just want to get rid of all the crap and have a running rear heater and air con I think this mess could cost $ to clean up I don't know how to deal with it really

If you have a junk yard nearby, might take a trip and see if you can find a vehicle like yours and see how the stuff is supposed to be wired up.

OP
OP
setconstr

setconstr

Reaction score
Going to a stereo installer tomorrow to see what they can do and then a junkyard that has a few Tahoe's after that

OP
OP
setconstr

setconstr

Reaction score
So as it turned out there was nothing at all wrong with my rear blower motor it was all in the shabby work done to add a roof mounted DVD player. The harness was cut and stuffed into the headliner with a climate controller taped to the harness but it made the front rear control only work on speed 2. Anyway I found a junk 04 Tahoe got everything out of it the dome light and climate control the plastic piece that mounts to the roof and the harness, lots of wires to solder and heat shrink taped it all up with black cloth tape and it all works as stock , On to the next thing finally !!!

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So as it turned out there was nothing at all wrong with my rear blower motor it was all in the shabby work done to add a roof mounted DVD player. The harness was cut and stuffed into the headliner with a climate controller taped to the harness but it made the front rear control only work on speed 2. Anyway I found a junk 04 Tahoe got everything out of it the dome light and climate control the plastic piece that mounts to the roof and the harness, lots of wires to solder and heat shrink taped it all up with black cloth tape and it all works as stock , On to the next thing finally !!!
Sounds like a job well done. Definitely had to play detective on this one, didn’t you.:secret:

Have a beer or three and take a couple attaboys out of petty cash.
:happy160:

OP
OP
setconstr

setconstr

Reaction score
Thanks !!, Had a few beers ....learned a lot about the rear climate control so all good. I now have lots of rear blower parts if needed.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks !!, Had a few beers ....learned a lot about the rear climate control so all good. I now have lots of rear blower parts if needed.
I had several issues with my rear Climate Control blower running with the ignition off and all the controls in the off position. whenever I would turn the ignition on the Actuators would make an annoying switching sound so I disconnected both of them and removed the Auto Climate Control resistor which was bad. Going to try the updated resistor which is much cheaper and see how it works. The Resistor for the Automatic Climate Control was updated in 2003 due to the issues with the earlier design.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu