2005 tahoe no sound from speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klutch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hi all,
im new to the forum and have a question about my audio system.
i have a 2005 tahoe z71 with steering wheel controls, dvd system and the bose sound system. the trouble i am having is everything works properly, (so it seems) as far as the controls in the radio, volume up-down, station changes, it accepts and ejects cds, rear dvd player works, etc.

i am getting no sound from my speakers, no chimes, no nothing. although you can hear the dvd thru the wireless speakers.
anyone have any suggestions?
i have also checked all fuses, disconected battery, etc. all good.

thanks for anyhelp.

angel.arteaga

Reaction score
if you have the factory radio it might be the factory bose amplifier that is the problem, its located on the botton of the center console. If so, I can sell u one for $100.00.
It could also b e the speakers but I doubt it

If you hVe an aftermarket headunit, make sure u used the proper harness to interface with the bose system, u can use the Metra GMOS-04

U also have a 6" subwoofer inside the front section of the center console, is it working ?

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

if you have the factory radio it might be the factory bose amplifier that is the problem, its located on the botton of the center console. If so, I can sell u one for $100.00.
It could also b e the speakers but I doubt it

If you hVe an aftermarket headunit, make sure u used the proper harness to interface with the bose system, u can use the Metra GMOS-04

U also have a 6" subwoofer inside the front section of the center console, is it working ?

Rosario Estrada

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
if u put an aftermarket head unit and used the cheap harness without the on star and chiming, its probably ur boss amp thats not turning on and u need to send a 12v switch wire to the pink wire on the factory plug that ur probably not using! u can bypass the amp by sending ur speaker wires down the center console and crimping in to the wires past ur boss amp.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

klutch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
everything is oem. is there a way i can test the amp?

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

not sure if the sub is working. im not getting any sound from anything. im really leaning towards the amp also.

Cfred

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am also having an issue. 2004 Chevy Tahoe w/ OEM BOSS entertainment system. We have replaced the amplifier in May with an OEM amp. Also had to replace DVD player, replaced with OEM DVD player. Sounds comes through the speakers when playing FM, AM, and CD. But there is no sound when I turn it to RSE. The OEM wireless headphones work and have sound, and the DVD player remote works as well. Just cannot get sound to come through while source is in RSE,the power is on and DVD is playing? Help?

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have this problem with my factory BOSE system.

Got in the Yukon to go to work and NO sound from radio. Is it the AMP most likely. I will check the amp fuse. I would rather not replace the head unit since I am happy with the way it normally sounds, pretty damn good for a 15 year old truck.

I just checked the 30a fuse, it's good. I guess it's off to the pick-n-pull yard for a Bose amp????

EDIT:
After starting the truck and going to the other office at lunch, it works normal again.... strange....

Last edited:

tim7279

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone I have a 05 Tahoe with the Bose system. I have no sound from any of the rear speakers. I did locate the amp and checked for any signal coming from the amp to the rear speakers and nothing. Any ideas what it could be

50one50

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm having the no sound problem as well. It's weird. I replaced a bad battery and this happened. But if I put the bad battery back on, the my radio will have sound. So while it's still running in taKe it off and put the good battery back on and I will have sound. I just have to keep my key on all day lol what's up with that