2005 Tahoe Daily [Update 06/25/20 - leveled?]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with your last 4 15 enclosure. any room to fit 4 g31 batteries between enclosure and back of 2nd row? same spot where you had your amp mounted.

nah no way without moving the port closer to the hatch

I build all my boxes deep, knowing that I can put the one G30 on the side

the reason I swapped to Captain's seats is so I can mount all my batteries and amps in the middle of the two seats

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
doubled up my electrical this weekend

2x Brand X 270a Alternators and 2x Limitless Lithium G30s

built a temporary rack to hold it all, and swapped from an MD 12k to a Bass 30k

everything is a mess because it's temporary

still waiting on a new box design and deciding if I want to keep this 41" long amp, and if so... how to mount it.

if I keep anything into spring time, I'll pull it all out and work on wire management and whatnot

Last edited:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
doubled up my electrical this weekend

2x Brand X 270a Alternators and 2x Limitless Lithium G30s

View attachment 240728
View attachment 240724

built a temporary rack to hold it all, and swapped from an MD 12k to a Bass 30k

View attachment 240725
View attachment 240726
View attachment 240727

everything is a mess because it's temporary

still waiting on a new box design and deciding if I want to keep this 41" long amp, and if so... how to mount it.

if I keep anything into spring time, I'll pull it all out and work on wire management and whatnot
Daaaaaaaaaaamn

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
browsing facebook last night and I found an HD hood for $100

based on the dude's pictures, it looked like it might be my color. I've learned on sought after parts you don't ask questions, you just show up.

so I went out there, and it ended up being a little darker than I expected, but I think it might work well:

I'm thinking that once it gets warm enough again, I'll plasti-dip the entire lower half of my vehicle black, and then it'll be kind of a two tone truck

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
browsing facebook last night and I found an HD hood for $100

based on the dude's pictures, it looked like it might be my color. I've learned on sought after parts you don't ask questions, you just show up.

so I went out there, and it ended up being a little darker than I expected, but I think it might work well:

View attachment 241050
View attachment 241051
View attachment 241052

I'm thinking that once it gets warm enough again, I'll plasti-dip the entire lower half of my vehicle black, and then it'll be kind of a two tone truck
You lucky SOB!! Good for you! Is it in good shape? Does it have the underhood light still on it.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You lucky SOB!! Good for you! Is it in good shape? Does it have the underhood light still on it.

it's in great shape :) the best HD hood I've personally owned, and I think I've had 4 so far

it does have the underhood light, but I think I'll probably pull it out

RMZguy151

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well whatever it was, it wasn't pleasant

pretty sure I destroyed these headlights. I ordered another set and will need to take my time removing the permaseal on the next set.

I'll also probably make a video of how to do the whole retrofit, since it was not nearly as intuitive as I expected based on people's postings.

good news, the lights look really good cosmetically

View attachment 231939
View attachment 231940
View attachment 231941
View attachment 231942

bad news, my light output sucks and these housings will probably fall apart soon

literally held together with duct tape and wood screws in some areas

should have some output pics tonight

Did you happen to make a video on your retrofit of the mini H1? I noticed you used the aftermarket shroud instead of cutting up the DEPO shroud, Ive already got my original DEPO projectors out (pain in the a##), just looking for any advise, pictures or videos of other retrofits. How did you wire in the high beams to work with factory controls?

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you happen to make a video on your retrofit of the mini H1? I noticed you used the aftermarket shroud instead of cutting up the DEPO shroud, Ive already got my original DEPO projectors out (pain in the a##), just looking for any advise, pictures or videos of other retrofits. How did you wire in the high beams to work with factory controls?

I did not make a video :(

I built them so crappily I thought for sure they'd fail, so I have another brand new set to retrofit

somehow though, they're all held together and not leaking yet so I haven't rebuilt them

high beams just wire in with the ballasts like any retrofit would

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had several boxes in between lately

little burp box

little 3 15 box

but ultimately ended back on my original 4 15 box, but with new bigger subs

Last edited: