2005 Tahoe Daily [Update 06/25/20 - leveled?]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Impressive.

I'm super happy with it :) it's louder than most of the walled vehicles I've purchased

now I just have go avoid going bigger and ripping my door sheet metal and stuff

time to just be content for once lol

in other news, I finally got around to uploading the side molding removal video:

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I'm super happy with it :) it's louder than most of the walled vehicles I've purchased

now I just have go avoid going bigger and ripping my door sheet metal and stuff

time to just be content for once lol

in other news, I finally got around to uploading the side molding removal video:

So much nicer without it. Just gotta watch out for inconsiderate people who swing their doors open. There's a wheel made by 3M that attaches to a hand drill that will remove adhesive and glue much quicker. It's called "The Eraser" iirc.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So much nicer without it. Just gotta watch out for inconsiderate people who swing their doors open. There's a wheel made by 3M that attaches to a hand drill that will remove adhesive and glue much quicker. It's called "The Eraser" iirc.
That wheel from 3M works very well. Used when I removed the molding on my 2007 Silverado. Between that and some 3M spray adhesive remover and a cloth, you couldn’t tell anything had been there at all. I put it in a corded drill as it can drain a battery on a cordless pretty quick if you’re doing more than one door.

https://www.amazon.com/Stripe-Wheel...ocphy=9018667&hvtargid=pla-451421021261&psc=1

I’ve also used on a few other folk’s cars just to clean up the door so I could replace the molding for them.

Just don’t use it on plastic body parts. My co-worker tried it and melted the bumper cover of his wife’s Land Rover. Oops!

Thatsquishykid717

Annoying guy with the loud stereo
Reaction score
Congrats on the 155! Best I have gotten mine to burp sealed on the glass was a 154.9. But I have been doing other stuff so haven’t tested or changed anything to try to gain though. You always peaked that high???

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the 155! Best I have gotten mine to burp sealed on the glass was a 154.9. But I have been doing other stuff so haven’t tested or changed anything to try to gain though. You always peaked that high???

Thanks! Mine is a 155 with the door open tho lol. only 153.5 sealed.

In most of my setups I peaked around 41hz in these vehicles, but I guess I never really tested higher than that.

so not really sure what the answer is to that question

Thatsquishykid717

Annoying guy with the loud stereo
Reaction score
Thanks! Mine is a 155 with the door open tho lol. only 153.5 sealed.

In most of my setups I peaked around 41hz in these vehicles, but I guess I never really tested higher than that.

so not really sure what the answer is to that question
Mine has peaked 41-44.
Currently 44 sealed, 41 driver door open, and like 38 both doors open iirc. Usually our body styles peak 40-45ish it seems from what I have noticed. I just saw on your video you burped at 46 is why I asked. But every setup will be different of course my peak has went up as my setups have gotten bigger and louder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts