2005 Tahoe LT. Navigation system replacement help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrkangelPrince

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just got a new to me 05' Tahoe LT. 2 owners one of whom is a mechanic by trade. So she runs really well, looking to update her navigation/entertainment system. Looking for something that can interface with current Android smartphones, preferably with a back up camera. The DVD player doesn't work properly so I'm looking to replace it as well. Preferably with something that can interface with smartphones.

Sent from my U693CL using Tapatalk

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are so many options to choose from! Your best bet would be to Search crutchfield.com. You can narrow your search by vehicle, by what options you want in a headunit, and they will also list out all the accompanying modules you will need to have with it to retain door chimes, onstar and bose(if equipped) and steering wheel controls. Pioneer and kenwood both make excellent units for these trucks.
I just did a pioneer AVIC-8500NEX unit in my 2006 Denali over the summer. Really like the unit, Apple CarPlay is great and it’s wireless. It does have a few little glitches in the system, however I think that’s due to the crappy installer that handled it for me. So I need to get those little things addressed. But not a fault of the headunit itself.