2005 Tahoe Instrument Panels Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BigDog9721

BigDog9721

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Guys, you have been most informative… 2 thoughts… if my dimmer switch is faulty, how to I access that and fix it… 2nd how did you get to the business side of the circuit board? I can take off back like I did, but I don’t know how to access the business side…

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigDog9721

BigDog9721

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm going to relook at dimmer/light switch on dashboard as well...

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, do this before you tear apart the cluster. A quick look at your other lights, like on the radio (if OEM), HVAC, and other switch backlighting would tell you if the dimmer is functioning.

In order to get to the business side of the circuit board, the gauge needles have to be removed. The video shows that.

HansJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Fless do you have a link to the LED’s you ordered off Amazon? I’ve been researching and was about to order some but curious to see the ones you mentioned. Thanks!

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@Fless do you have a link to the LED’s you ordered off Amazon? I’ve been researching and was about to order some but curious to see the ones you mentioned. Thanks!

I didn't use LEDs for the backlighting, I used incandescent bulbs like OE. These old eyes have trouble seeing the colored dash lights. I bought a stepper motor and light bulb kit from Dr. Speedometer on Amazon, something similar to this:

I'm sure they have other selections; some places will have a whole set of different colored LEDs. If you use LEDs you'll need to watch the polarity of the circuit board, as the LEDs are polarity sensitive, while incandescents are not.

OP
OP
BigDog9721

BigDog9721

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Guys, I was able to ship to an eBay vender who repaired the instrument panel for my 2005 Tahoe for $57.99 total. They were great and a quick return. There are several venders who will do this and I am very pleased with the results... just a quick update! PM me if you want who I used..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17

Latest posts