2005 Tahoe Factory Navigation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CFD Jerry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a super odd one here with the Factory Navigation... The date.... We all know we are in the year 2019 and I have gone through all the settings even I think it is auto update and for some reason it thinks it is January 2000... I know over 19 years off and Tahoe was not even made yet...

Anyone know a factory reset on this? I read somewhere that two people were playing with the Factory Nav and no clue what they pressed playing with it and up it came....

Mr. 960

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well shit - I just checked mine and it also reads 2000. It used to work before I did the LUX nav upgrade with the old Nav unit. Can't say if it ever worked with my new one since I never remembered to try it since I read your post.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have noticed the same thing lately. When I first installed the LUX Nav upgrade on mine, I know it displayed the date correctly, but at some point it started losing it. I have manually set it a few times in the GPS section of the service menu, but it always loses it after restarting the vehicle. There is a system reset button in the service menu, but I haven't tried doing that yet.

The service menu is accessed from the map screen by pushing the NAV RPT button and then holding down the CONFIG button until it comes up (about 10 sec).

Mr. 960

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if it is only the LUX units or all the TNR 800 units have this issue? I know my non LUX unit worked when I checked it years ago. It may have been the same as my current one, but I never checked it before I pulled it out. I can't recall 100% if my LUX unit ever worked as it never dawned on me to check it until after reading this post. Everything else works as it should. Let us know what you find!