2005 Suburban Brakes Issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You are going to need a scanner like a Tech II to bleed system properly. If you didn't open the system it likely does not have air in the system but to collapse the pistons back may have caused a problem. Was this current problem happening before the front pads were replaced?

OP
OP
Puncake

Puncake

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You are going to need a scanner like a Tech II to bleed system properly. If you didn't open the system it likely does not have air in the system but to collapse the pistons back may have caused a problem. Was this current problem happening before the front pads were replaced?
No, it only started a little after I replaced the brakes.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dumb question (sorry): But did you get the correct thickness pads? If the pads are too thick, the brake fluid expanding would then cause them to stick -- right? Just a thought -- not a brake system expert.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good point @OR VietVet there was a TSB about corrosion under the speed sensor for that generation truck. Knowing about the salt helps support that. You could inspect where they mount after they are removed. Just be sure to put a rag in the hole before chipping any rust off.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Couple of suggestions. Make sure the caliper slides are lubed and the calipers are free to move sideways slightly. They should "float" back and forth (side to side).

Also, the flexible brake hoses can collapse inside and allow fluid to build pressure TO the caliper (as in the braking action) but not allow the calipers to retract. Solution for that is to change the flex hoses.

Gene456

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey I am a new guy on here. I have a similar issue. I’m in the rust prone area of the world. The wheel bearing seems tight to me. I have not had the brakes apart. I just bought it and the previous owner said wheel speed sensors. It’s possible. But from my experience the bolt doesn’t walk out. It more like snaps off and you end up replacing the bearing. I am hoping to hear what your fix is so I can start there. For me, if I push the traction control button, the Yukon will not have issues. If I leave it regular, after I leave the stop sign I will get the stability track message and it will make the buzzing sound. I’ll come on here if I fix it myself. But for now I’ll run it and let the problem present itself further.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518