2005 GMC Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Token11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I hit a bump when I’m driving I hear a scraping in the rear until I slow down then it stops, anyone know a quick fix for this I’m bout to put her on the highway, db7f97169524e6f16a85d2d031638e88.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Have you or a shop even looked under the rig to see if anything is obvious? Otherwise, the possibilities are endless. Any recent work done to the rig? You said you are about to put it on the highway. How long have you had this noise problem?

OP
OP
Token11

Token11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Previous owner told me about it when I purchased, Ive looked under and haven’t seen anything out of the ordinary hanging out I tried to shake the exhaust, I’m going to try and replicate the bump when I get back to my truck, plan on having a professional look at it but wanted to find a what to fix myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you are going to fix yourself, you need to know first what the problem is and trying to diagnose a noise with your supplied info is a crap shoot. The info about the previous owner and that you have looked with no luck is also info that should be supplied in the first post. Frustration builds when trying to get info and it is supplied in bits and pieces. Does speed of when you hit the bump make a difference? Does turning over the bump make a difference. Does accel or decel over a bump make a difference? Etc........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts