2005 GMC Yukon XL won’t start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1968fury

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all, my wife and I drove the Yukon four miles round trip and got home ok, but when we went to go out later it wouldn’t start. I looked at it this morning wit( my son, checking fuses in both boxes plus a relay and still not starting. I took a ignition wire off my 71 fury along with a small engine spark plug and seem to have no spark.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the power on the battery? Check your grounds? The only other thing I can think of, based on what you reported is the anti theft system. You might want to post about any, other symptoms you have, things you've done to it recently, etc.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
So, am assuming a crank and no start condition. I guess you have spark but what color? Blue or orange or...? What is the fuel pressure? Cranking rhythm sound the same? Cranking fast as normal? Battery cable cleanliness, corrosion inspection, and tightness all good? Basics first

Last edited:
OP
OP

1968fury

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has a blue spark. I checked the fuel pressure and it was low so I replaced the fuel pump. broke both lines off on the fuel pump had to replace the line ends. I also cleaned the throttle body and that was very dirty. Now the truck starts and runs but when going forward it bogs very badly and won’t accelerat. I’m at my wits end.
Charlie

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cleaning the DBW throttle body may require a relearn, either by driving it or using a scanner to reset it. I presume that it ran okay before the fuel pump change, besides the low fuel pressure?

What's the new fuel rail pressure with the key on, engine off?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne