2005 GMC Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a cure for the poor low beam headlights on 2005 GMC Yukon XL Denali? I'm getting up in the years and when I have to drive at night, I just about have to run the high beams to see the road safely. I ordered a replacement set of headlight assemblies that did away with the projector headlights but the quality was so poor I didn't even bother to install them. I don't see how the transportation safety board let them get away with these lights on cars. I really like the truck but I need to do something. Is there something that happens to the louvers that you see that could be blocking the light from them. The outer lenses are clear and not fogged.

Not sure if you figured your lighting issue out but I did do the retrofit.

I went with brackets from CBD and Morimoto MH1 7.0 projectors. They bolt right to the back and give great output.

Ton of usable light. The whole thing I did myself and it was right around $300 with projectors, bulbs, ballasts, wiring harness, silicone and brackets. And took me about 2 hours to swap projectors, lay out the harness and adjust the lights.

And it looks factory.

20181025_195314.jpg 20181024_144652.jpg 20181030_223101.jpg 20181024_235528.jpg 20181025_195307.jpg

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have spyder Denali style heads with actual projectors on my 2006 Denali. Though they aren’t the best projectors, but they’re better than the stock “fake projectors” as I called them. I run VOUKE LEDs in both lows and highs. The performance is great. It’s not HID quality, but for the money I spent on them and the direct plug and play, it’s awesome. They are bright, have good distance, and the cutoff is great. I’m not blinding on coming traffic, no one flashes their high beams at me. The low beams are perfect because the have the copper braided cooling tassels that fit perfectly behind the headlight housings. The highs have cooling fans, so fitment was a little tough. Had to take a Dremel and make a little rounded slot in the bracket so that the cooling fans could slide in and the headlight would sit correctly and mount with the mounting pins. But other than that it’s a good fit and they perform well. Been running them for a little over a year now and zero issues.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So I have spyder Denali style heads with actual projectors on my 2006 Denali. Though they aren’t the best projectors, but they’re better than the stock “fake projectors” as I called them. I run VOUKE LEDs in both lows and highs. The performance is great. It’s not HID quality, but for the money I spent on them and the direct plug and play, it’s awesome. They are bright, have good distance, and the cutoff is great. I’m not blinding on coming traffic, no one flashes their high beams at me. The low beams are perfect because the have the copper braided cooling tassels that fit perfectly behind the headlight housings. The highs have cooling fans, so fitment was a little tough. Had to take a Dremel and make a little rounded slot in the bracket so that the cooling fans could slide in and the headlight would sit correctly and mount with the mounting pins. But other than that it’s a good fit and they perform well. Been running them for a little over a year now and zero issues.
I'm running the same brand, and my highs don't have the cooling fans, they have those tassles too.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I believe that you didn't have glare. When I had my plug and play kit in my stock projectors I still had a nice sharp cut off. But with the retrofit, the output is crazy. I dont want to sound like those retrofit snobs out there, but I can "see" where they get it from.

I'll never knock someone for running a pnp kit as long as they adjust their lights accordingly and buy the right ones

But I think from here on out I will retrofit every car I get.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe that you didn't have glare. When I had my plug and play kit in my stock projectors I still had a nice sharp cut off. But with the retrofit, the output is crazy. I dont want to sound like those retrofit snobs out there, but I can "see" where they get it from.

I'll never knock someone for running a pnp kit as long as they adjust their lights accordingly and buy the right ones

I don’t have stock projectors though....

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

How far is a good distance from a wall to adjust your headlight beams? 5-10 feet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish