2005 GMC Brake Job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K9Gunner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just finished up a front brake job on my 2005 Yukon. New pads and rotors. After I got everything back on I went to take it around the block and the brake light and TC light came on. The service brake system and the service stabilitrack messages came on. I have done many brake jobs on this vehicle and have never had this issue. Thanks in advance.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In addition to what has already been suggested, might double check your wheel bearing. If it’s on the edge of failing, all the messing with taking stuff off and putting it back together may have jostled something in the wheel bearing so the speed sensor isn’t reading correctly.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^x3^^ Most likely inadvertently disconnected the speed sensing wire connector that sits on the top of truck's frame, above the hub. I inadvertently disconnected mine, while I was replacing a shock.

OP
OP
K9Gunner

K9Gunner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After it sitting all night last night all the lights have gone off and non of the messages are coming across. It’s weird but I’ll take it.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
After it sitting all night last night all the lights have gone off and non of the messages are coming across. It’s weird but I’ll take it.
I get nervous when problems “just go away” on their own. They have a nasty habit of coming back at the most inconvenient time and many times worse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep