2005 Crown Victoria P71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And also yesterday I finally got the A/C working it’s never worked since I’ve had it. Had my buddy check it when he wired up the siren/PA. The compressor would never kick on so he found the fuse was blown, evacuated the system and recharged it and it’s blowing ice cold he added some dye incase there’s any leaks. Usually when the fuse blows there’s an electrical issue within the compressor but he had it running for close to 2hrs yesterday and it didn’t blow the fuse and I had it on for a bit today so here’s hoping it was something one of the previous owners messed up either shorting it out somehow working on something or maybe a fuse blew on something else and they swapped it with that one and never put a new one in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen people blow a fuse accidentally when they stick a screwdriver where they shouldn't. Then they never replace it since they are getting rid of the vehicle soon. I had a Chevy Impala that had a blown horn fuse. Buried well in the fuse panel in a hard to access spot. I replaced the fuse, once I figured out where it was, and the horn worked fine and never blew the fuse again.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I found some window bars I like, they are slightly different then the ones I was looking for, these ones are no drill you remove the door panel, pull the window weatherstripping install these then put it all back together. They should be here tomorrow so I can most likely put them on Wednesday morning before work.

3e2cd41569a4c1e445cee9c255081639.png
6fc98c5d40920fe80958b175496eaa0b.png
04c4b3495b68c1c115f81785d23f29f4.png

Those window bars look great!

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen people blow a fuse accidentally when they stick a screwdriver where they shouldn't. Then they never replace it since they are getting rid of the vehicle soon. I had a Chevy Impala that had a blown horn fuse. Buried well in the fuse panel in a hard to access spot. I replaced the fuse, once I figured out where it was, and the horn worked fine and never blew the fuse again.
So far it’s working fine so here’s hoping that’s all it might have been.

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a good deal?
I got a good deal, pretty much paid the going rate for them and shipping was pretty cheap. There’s actually someone local selling a 2011 Vic with the same window bars and I tried snagging those thinking he might not know they were hard to find but ya he knew what he had so I offered him what I was going to pay minus the shipping and he wanted more so snagged these.

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the K9 to go with the bars?

Crown Vic photo op…:cool:

Did you ever find a DARE license plate?
And I actually do I’ve had a German Shepherd for awhile now got him long before I had the car I’ll have to get a pic at some point, and the DARE license plate is the one thing I can’t find tired EBay and online and always come up empty handed I can find bumper stickers but don’t want those, if anyone comes across one I’ll pay for it and shipping.

f19c7a5d7d812291cd8bb872392b766f.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhefner

Latest posts