2005 Crown Victoria P71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those Streamlights are serious bright. Install Looks good.
I was always a Maglight fan but this blows it outta the water, and it’s even lighter it’s a solid light there’s someone on EBay selling them for $40 plus shipping they are used but in mint condition only the charger and cord really have wear. I got lucky on the install there was a combination of holes that were there and added and was able to attach it without drilling any new holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So when I first got the Vic the airbag light would come on intermittently and eventually ended up being on all the time. A few months after I picked it up I had my mechanic look it over and he scanned the codes it was something to do with the passenger seat so I checked all the wiring I could see and everything looked good but happened to find this aftermarket switch to turn the passenger side airbag on and off with a key tucked behind the flooring and it was in the on position and the light would still light up when the car was running indicating that the airbag was off. So dropped it off at my mechanic this past Monday and had him look at it and would he found was pretty bad there was a loose ground and some very ****** wiring in there, so when they added that switch in they did a terrible job on the install they literally just stripped the ends off the wires and twisted them together and as you can see they melted together, so he removed the switch repaired the wiring and fixed some other bad wiring in there and the lights off now.

590664bc8dee4d9de080dfaa4100ae1a.jpg
f13a6477dad68d678d7784aa13f81425.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So when I first got the Vic the airbag light would come on intermittently and eventually ended up being on all the time. A few months after I picked it up I had my mechanic look it over and he scanned the codes it was something to do with the passenger seat so I checked all the wiring I could see and everything looked good but happened to find this aftermarket switch to turn the passenger side airbag on and off with a key tucked behind the flooring and it was in the on position and the light would still light up when the car was running indicating that the airbag was off. So dropped it off at my mechanic this past Monday and had him look at it and would he found was pretty bad there was a loose ground and some very ****** wiring in there, so when they added that switch in they did a terrible job on the install they literally just stripped the ends off the wires and twisted them together and as you can see they melted together, so he removed the switch repaired the wiring and fixed some other bad wiring in there and the lights off now.

Good thing the airbag didn't go off by itself.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Holy shit...! That’s some horrible “wiring” there..!

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looked like Helen Keller wired it

Actually, that statement would be unfair to Helen Keller. I've seen guys who do work like that make lots of money because they hyper themselves all the time. If the bag had gone off, it might have tripped both front bags. The drivers side always goes. The passenger only if someone is in the seat. Figure about $2000 for two front bags. Most salvage yards will NOT sell air bags for repairs. Major liability after the Honda and other companies air bags corroding.

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wired up the charging ports on the console today. For a clean install I loomed the wires since they go out the front of the console to underneath the dash and wired in an inline fuse, was able to tie into a police wiring harness tapped into one that only is on with the key in the ignition.

9afc63e2b638ceaa3aadf5cfc5452f35.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwhaleys