2005 Crown Victoria P71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It definitely is it came out of a 2011 undercover Crown Vic and is in mint condition was shocked by how clean it was, usually any police center console is kinda beat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll bet it was an administrative car. Like the Police Chief or similar. Detectives sometimes beat their cars more inside than unit cars. When I was a volunteer officer, I knew a guy at the county garage that would let me know when an administrative car got retired. I got mostly LTD's but we got a sweet little 1975 Police Nova with the 400 SBC. I used it for a parts run once and didn't think about it but pulled up behind a car heading down the road. He was going to the same place I was. When I got out in street clothes, he grinned and said all of a sudden I was behind him and he thought he was busted. Well, "Emergency Dial 911" a county seal and red light bar does tend to tighten sphincters when it shows up in the mirror.

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw this pic from a Crown Vic. Fire suppression. I think it was a detective's car.View attachment 276001
Ever see this before? What's the deal with it?
Remember all of those accidents with them when they would get rear ended at a high rate of speed when pulled over on the side of the highway and the gas tanks would puncture and catch fire. That was mostly due to gear in the trunk hitting the gas tank since is right behind the trunk, so Ford came out with those trunk packs which the backside has Kevlar so none of the gear would puncture the tank if it was placed it there correctly and I forget what year but they came out with the fire suppression system there’s two tanks that in a rear end collision deploy automatically iirc but there’s that button there if you want to manually deploy it all of the Connecticut State Police cars had that as soon as it was available I want to say it was like a 2k to 3k option

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember all of those accidents with them when they would get rear ended at a high rate of speed when pulled over on the side of the highway and the gas tanks would puncture and catch fire. That was mostly due to gear in the trunk hitting the gas tank since is right behind the trunk, so Ford came out with those trunk packs which the backside has Kevlar so none of the gear would puncture the tank if it was placed it there correctly and I forget what year but they came out with the fire suppression system there’s two tanks that in a rear end collision deploy automatically iirc but there’s that button there if you want to manually deploy it all of the Connecticut State Police cars had that as soon as it was available I want to say it was like a 2k to 3k option

I do not remember that.:crazy:

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look it up some people were calling them Fords modern day Pinto, I want to say the Vics could take a 65-70mph hit from the rear which isn’t bad if the gear doesn’t puncture the tank but on a highway people are flying and the rating doesn’t mean anything then

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

I actually do remember that. Interesting. Thx for educating me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu