2005 Chevy Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moms2005

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought my Tahoe and dumped a bunch of money into it because of prior neglect. Now for no reason the front end will shake really bad and then just stop. I just took it to Les Schwab and they said ABS module but they did not have the right stuff to talk to my truck to be sure. I live in a small town on the Oregon Coast with Very Little Mechanics. My ABS light does Not come on. Any ideas out there?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I am in Eugene and have the 05 Z71. I would not go to Les Schwab for a diagnostic. Find a reputable shop and have the entire front suspension inspected, ball joints loaded and unloaded when checked. May have a bad tire or two with a slipped belt. Can rotate tires front to back and see if vibe goes to the rear. How many miles? Prior maintenance or repair history?

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you say you sunk some money into it, did any of that go to the suspension, tires, or brakes? Is it correct to say that it didn't shake when you bought it?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just how little ARE the mechanics there? :p Sorry, couldn’t help it.

So we need more information about this shaking- at what speed? When applying brakes or does that affect it? When turning? What makes the shaking stop? Did you replace steering or front suspension parts? Has it been aligned? Did you try swapping tires from front to back?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just how little ARE the mechanics there? :p Sorry, couldn’t help it.

So we need more information about this shaking- at what speed? When applying brakes or does that affect it? When turning? What makes the shaking stop? Did you replace steering or front suspension parts? Has it been aligned? Did you try swapping tires from front to back?

Not to hijack, but... I have a coworker who is very tall, and set in her ways. She's always describing guys she meets as that "little guy." I once asked her how much shorter he was, and she responded, "He's probably only 30 years old." So, for her, the synonym of "young" is "little." Can't get her to change, but I call her on it every time.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep