2005 Bose Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Project Denali

Project Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
#bosedelete

Attachments

• 6ED93B93-42D1-410D-8D15-81846CD1E182.jpeg
    6ED93B93-42D1-410D-8D15-81846CD1E182.jpeg
    257 KB · Views: 36
  • 36803FBE-4383-4D5B-B8AD-AA730D794146.jpeg
    36803FBE-4383-4D5B-B8AD-AA730D794146.jpeg
    309.1 KB · Views: 34
  • B9C1627B-E5C0-40ED-8B5C-5F08302D69FE.jpeg
    B9C1627B-E5C0-40ED-8B5C-5F08302D69FE.jpeg
    285.2 KB · Views: 34

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
@Project Denali
What color is the interior or your suv. I've never seen that interior color before. I wanna do a color swap like that to my Yukon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Project Denali

Project Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Project Denali
What color is the interior or your suv. I've never seen that interior color before. I wanna do a color swap like that to y Yukon.
This was in my old truck 2005 Sierra, it had the Dark Pewter Interior

My new to me truck is now a 2003 Tahoe and it has the Tan/Nuetral Interior

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So am I understanding correctly that you ran all new speaker wires to every speaker location?? Could you specify on this process including the connections made at the rear harness side or where did u connect the newly added speaker wire?? Sorry if the question is confusing

OP
OP
Project Denali

Project Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1629113447487.png
@blueinkd No worries I think I understand your questions... A distinction: I used component set speakers if not already mentioned. In the case you don't know component speaker sets split up the duties of high and low frequencies between a woofer and seperate tweeter. Due to this they come as a set with crossovers which do the signal splitting.

For wiring I used RCA cables to connect the new head unit and the amp. That is your input. They ran down behind the dash and HVAC controls and continued up under the console right on the carpet (under the cupholder area).

For outputs to speakers, I ran the fronts signal wires forward towards the same cupholder area. I mounted my front speaker crossovers to the transmission tunnel with velcro. The front speaker outputs went from the crossovers up through the dash to their respective sides before splitting off for each tweeter and woofer.

For the rear wiring, I ran the signal wires out and down through a small (dime size maybe) cross cut in the carpet that I made. This was cut with a razor blade and underneath where the console eventually sits so not visible when done. I split each off and ran them behind the front bucket seats directly towards the b pillar. I had a crew cab but this should be the same for any truck/suv model. From there I ran into the door mounting my wires to the factory door harness.

The rear crossovers were mounted with 3m double sided tape to the inside of the rear doors. They did not interfere with window operation but be careful and considerate on placement when you do this. I prewire the crossover before mounting it so that it was easier to run the output wires to the tweeter and woofer.

Hopefully none of that seemed condescending, I am a visual learner so words are not my forte. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Dragonetti

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice job!! Question on wiring kit for head unit. Was it required/ necessary to keep the remote on/off function working. For example, radio stays on until you open the door. Can I just cut the plug and grab my remote, power, ground without the harness? I don't care to keep steering controls. Thx

O4Denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey man very nice job! I was wondering what scoche wiring harness you used? I have an 04 denali and have already installed the metra harness and steering wheel control harnesses. I now have elected to abandon bose altogether and am having trouble finding info on what harness I need to do that. I am running all new speaker wire etc.