2004 Yukon steering sucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have other issues with my steering but that sensitive steering saved my butt this afternoon someone cut me off and slammed on the brakes immediately with no blinker to get onto the 46 eastbound (California highway) from the 101 north (California freeway) because of the touchy steering I was able to swerve and avoid getting a new truck for the low price of insurance payout. With my braking issue things get sketchy when I get cut off

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't remember what you have said about this if anything, but have you looked at your intermediate shaft, and/or the steering gear box?

OP
OP
J

Jkittre777

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, I have replaced all a-arm bushings, shocks, pump, gear box, intermittent shaft, new steering stabilizer. Nothing worked except the flow valve. Drives like new again.

V30Crewcab

Reaction score
this is the second trans. I broke 5th gear in the first one, fixed that, then I ripped off third gear teeth. so I built another one to put in. its kinda loud in 5th now, so I have a nv5600 waiting to go in next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos