2004 xl Denali 6.0 exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Angelo Gagliani

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First post, here goes!
I just put some money into my 04 Yukon xl Denali 6.0, suspension, tires, and a K&n intake 234,000 miles.
Now I’d like to do the exhaust, was trying to make a Flowmaster 50 deltaflow work but couldnt.
My truck has a strange muffler setup stock where it’s a dual in with the ins at different heights and dual out to a y to a single.
The best option I see so far is the Gibson 615534 which is stainless and basically a cat back.
I’ve never heard a Gibson in person – my main question is if anybody has one, does it drone much?

OP
OP
A

Angelo Gagliani

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ll add that I live in the rust belt- Cleveland, so stainless is mandatory. The price is reasonablish, 2 stainless Flowmaster’s are $260 alone. Plus custom install, with aluminized tubing.
Also the Gibson is a bolt on so I could do it in the garage.
Can anyone talk me out of this Gibson $587 system?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Gibson Extreme cat back dual exhaust system in stainless steel on my 07 Yukon XL Denali, and I have been very happy with it. It fit perfectly, and its assembly was easy for an exhaust system replacement. I did need to remove the spare tire to accommodate this specific system, but Gibson clearly stated this in their product description, so I was fully aware of it prior to making the purchase.

So, from a product design, installation, and performance standpoint, I can tell you that in my opinion, Gibson makes a good product. Like yourself, prior to purchasing the Gibson brand, I asked a few mechanics who had performed many aftermarket exhaust conversions, both stock and performance mods, and they all stated that Gibson makes a good product.

Regarding exhaust sound characteristics, volume, and drone, those are items that each person will have to make their own personal opinion and decision on what characteristics sound good, what is loud enough but not too loud, and what volume level of drone is acceptable. You have to make those assessments for yourself, and fortunately, there are many YouTube videos posted on many different types of exhaust brands and levels of sound, that you can use to solidify your own personal opinion on what is best for you. Drone is a different story, unfortunately, and you will need input from other folks on their own assessments, and then determine how to map that into your own opinion and requirements.

Regarding the Gibson Extreme (I know that this is not the specific Gibson exhaust system that you are currently looking at), it is loud, but I wanted it loud. Regarding drone, the level of drone is perfectly acceptable to me, but it is definitely not acceptable to my wife. But, it is my truck, and it goes by my rules.

Other folks on this Forum will give you their opinions and recommendations over the next few days.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442

Latest posts