2004 tahoe passlock relearning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rickmorgan2005

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
goodmorning. ive read a few threads pertaining bypassing passlock,BUT NEED to do "relearning".ive replaced the "whole"ignition/ignition cylinder HOUSING. so it has a new passlock thingy insied housing.
what do i do? secirity light just blinks, crank but no start.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
most gm cars and such you need to leave the key to run for 3 ten minute cycles. after 10 minutes turn off and right back to run, repeat. if you have a battery charger put it on the battery cause key to run for 30 minutes can kill most batterys. open the driver side window, work the key through the open window, dont open the doors or work any power inside. also set e brake to kill parking lights and turn everything off inside the truck.

ive heard some vans are leave key to run for ten minutes or till the security light turns off.

OP
OP
R

rickmorgan2005

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thank you.
i got it reprogrammed. it started for a couple days. now crank,no start again, but belleive its not a passlock problem
i changed ignition switch,ignition housing,
have fuel pressure,
now what?

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
see if your getting spark, and next if injectors are firing off. when you turn the key to run the injectors prime and dont turn on again till it fires up. you can use a test light in a injector plug to see if its flashes when the key is turned to run. some marker bulbs or interior bulbs fit right inside the injector plug, simple way to see it flash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh