2004 Tahoe new front speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Thouse

Thouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happy to report our adventure was successful. The front speakers are in!

I didn't realize there were also tweeters in the doors?

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a factory component set. You got two way speakers, they will cover those frequencies. I would just disconnect the factory tweeters.

OP
OP
Thouse

Thouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a factory component set. You got two way speakers, they will cover those frequencies. I would just disconnect the factory tweeters.

Dammit I don't want to take the door cards off again.

bladenbullet

Reaction score
for what its worth...here is a great video showing how to use the old speakers to make adapters for new in the doors...i used it for a set of infinity kappas and it worked great...i would suggest to use a pair of tin snips instead of the dremel to cut the rim off...its faster and no mess whatsoever...i actually pried mine with pliers and trimmed it right off in no time...

makes a great adapter...

OP
OP
Thouse

Thouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for what its worth...here is a great video showing how to use the old speakers to make adapters for new in the doors...i used it for a set of infinity kappas and it worked great...i would suggest to use a pair of tin snips instead of the dremel to cut the rim off...its faster and no mess whatsoever...i actually pried mine with pliers and trimmed it right off in no time...

makes a great adapter...

Thanks for the video. I got mine from Crutchfield so they shipped brackets to fit the new speakers.

trevcda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went through several sets of component speaker replacements in the front doors and found most to be a sideways move at best. At least until I added an outboard amp to the front stage and a better source unit to drive it with. That was a drastic improvement in the sound stage.

chrmbly

Reaction score
I bought Kicker CS 6.5 coax’s and frankly they sounded better with the stock amp then they did hooking em up to a 50w rms amp. I was happy with it once I kept tinkering, but the stock BOSE wasn’t that bad. Especially once I upgraded the headunit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon