2004 Tahoe, grille clip points broken

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supremacia

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased a new grille for my 2004 Tahoe, and in the process of removing the old fasteners I managed to break the bottom driver side mounting point. The original screw clips released easily from the other three points, but that one mounting point managed to break due to frail plastic. Thus, the new fastener on the top driver side isn't holding because that bottom point is wholly missing.

What part do I need to replace so that I can properly mount the new grille? Is it the headlight brackets?

https://www.carparts.com/search?q=2...oe&vehicle[make]=Chevrolet&vehicle[year]=2003

This looks correct, but I can't find a diagram showing this part of the vehicle. I've searched high and low to confirm, and at this point I'm going to buy this part given no other option. I could rig up some wiring and drill holes in the grille to at least have it fastened, but I'd like to do it properly. Especially if I change my mind about the grille or if I ever need to return to stock.

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Supremacia

Supremacia

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mods, please move to the correct subforum. Not sure why it was posted in the incorrect section.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I purchased a new grille for my 2004 Tahoe, and in the process of removing the old fasteners I managed to break the bottom driver side mounting point. The original screw clips released easily from the other three points, but that one mounting point managed to break due to frail plastic. Thus, the new fastener on the top driver side isn't holding because that bottom point is wholly missing.

What part do I need to replace so that I can properly mount the new grille? Is it the headlight brackets?

https://www.carparts.com/search?q=2...oe&vehicle[make]=Chevrolet&vehicle[year]=2003

This looks correct, but I can't find a diagram showing this part of the vehicle. I've searched high and low to confirm, and at this point I'm going to buy this part given no other option. I could rig up some wiring and drill holes in the grille to at least have it fastened, but I'd like to do it properly. Especially if I change my mind about the grille or if I ever need to return to stock.

Thanks in advance.

If you still have the small broken parts you could try Q-Bond to fix them. It worked good for me on a the tabs on my driver's window switch, and it's instant. There are also various plastic epoxies that might do the job.

OP
OP
Supremacia

Supremacia

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you still have the small broken parts you could try Q-Bond to fix them. It worked good for me on a the tabs on my driver's window switch, and it's instant. There are also various plastic epoxies that might do the job.

Unfortunately the part that broke off was lost to the abyss.

DirtDigler

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks in advance.
Here's mine. Look on Amazon for Rancho( I think ) hidden winch mount. Description says it wont work but obviously it does. I recommend a 12000 lb winch for your "heavy Chevy". Just used mine last weekend to upright my buddy's flipped Land Cruiser!

DirtDigler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, dont know what happened here. Wrong topic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts