2004 tahoe gauge problems.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It could. The "A" power and grounds are separate from the "B" side, so they need to be intact for certain things to work.

OP
OP
B

Billkrummel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I tested the rest of the power and ground pins all check out fine. I tested another cluster and it did nothing as well. Any other ideas?

1badjimmy

Reaction score
I tested the rest of the power and ground pins all check out fine. I tested another cluster and it did nothing as well. Any other ideas?
I am having nearly the same issue. Mine works when it wants. I’ve checked both of the power wires through the ground terminal and to a body ground.

If the cluster doesn’t come on after starting it I’ll go to pull the cluster out to back probe for power and ground and before I can get it turned around the cluster will come alive. So I was thinking a terminal isn’t making good enough contact.

I was also told to check the ground wire at the back passenger side of the motor. It’s behind the intake. They are known to break, maybe it isn’t broke all the way through.

Mine has also stopped working while just sitting there idling while I was chasing down why my barn door locked backwards of the other doors.

rayra

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bad grounds or undervolt will cause all kinds of electronic issues. Fix the battery issue first and inspect your frame ground connections too. As a start.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep