2004 GMC Yukon Radio no sound output intermittently

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LaOrange

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All
I have a 2004 Yukon with AM--FM--XM --6 CD Radio also on-star, also has wheel controls
Recently the Radio has no sound output at times then it will come on and work fine. Some times it cuts in and out. Does not matter which band or CD player. All looks ok on display. Just no sound at times.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts and ideas to trouble stoute.
Michael

OP
OP
L

LaOrange

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All
Yesterday I drove the truck twenty or thirty miles and the radio never put out any sound.
Did not matter if I hit any bumps or different exterior temperatures. Also no difference weather
AM / FM or CD. My thoughts is I have an amp going bad more then a louse connection.
Any thought would be a big help.
Michael

Mr. 960

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it would help to know if it is BOSE or standard radio.

Mr. 960

Full Access Member
Reaction score
might be your amp that is on the fritz. Check the main connector behind the dash bezel (lower right of the HVAC controls) You may need to remove the little pocket or T/C switch. Also pull up the plastic cup holders on the console to access the other plugs. The amp is accessible, but you need to take most of the console apart to remove it.

rashonline

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All
I have a 2004 Yukon with AM--FM--XM --6 CD Radio also on-star, also has wheel controls
Recently the Radio has no sound output at times then it will come on and work fine. Some times it cuts in and out. Does not matter which band or CD player. All looks ok on display. Just no sound at times.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts and ideas to trouble stoute.
Michael
Hello LaOrange: I have the same vehicle (Yukon 2004) same configuration as you said. AND started to have the same problem. No radio when you start the vehicle, only hissing sound... Leave it ON and it Radio comes ON abruptly on its own after driving 15-20 minutes. Then it works normally until you switch off the car!
Please help if you had fixed this problem

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442