2004 Escalade C0279 Code Repair and Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fortyfortcaddy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to the group and platform. I have seen the thread on this problem that’s been referenced before. Recently purchased a 2004 Escalade 6.0 AWD with the JL4 option code as a winter daily. Since purchasing the car without turning traction control (TCS) off I cannot drive the car. It’ll just constantly engage the traction control and ABS at low speeds (i.e. from a stop sign or red light around 5mph) and cut the power. When I turn off TCS from the dash board it drives fine. But when I stop (red lights and stop signs) when the TCS is off I still get ABS engagement at low speeds. From what I’m reading it’s the abs wheel speed sensors and I bought two brand new ACDelco ones and installed them. Still having the issue with low speed abs engagement after replacing them. I pulled the ABS codes and found the C0279 code and cleared it. Went through the repair manual and tested my precharge abs pump with a multimeter and I am getting 01.2ohms as a resistance reading. This is outside of the range noted in the repair manual of .3 - 1.0ohms. As a result the repair manual suggest is I replace my precharge pump and ECBM. Just curious about two things:

1. Can I pull the ABS fuse without damaging my AWD system until I can replace my pre-charge pump and get my ECMB repaired?

2. Does anyone recommend a place to get my ECBM repaired or a decent place to get remanufactured one? Same thing for the precharge pump motor.

Thank you!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me will chime in.

OP
OP
fortyfortcaddy

fortyfortcaddy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me will chime in.
Thank you! I appreciate it! I swapped back in the original drivers side wheel speed sensor and now its totally fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14